It is essential that an estate planning attorney understand the Probate law and process in designing and administering trusts. After all, one of the main purposes of establishing a trust is to avoid probate. When Probate is required, our firm is knowledgeable and ready to represent.
Probate is a court-supervised process for distributing assets according to a person’s will or, if that person had no will, according to the priority rules established by state statute. During Probate, an executor or representative is named, assets are gathered, the debts of a deceased person are identified and paid, and the net estate assets are distributed to the proper beneficiaries.
- Review of the executed will
- Identifying beneficiaries
- Explanation of executor’s or representative’ s responsibilities
- Gathering and valuing all assets of the estate
- Estate tax analysis
- Collection of death benefits
- Coordination with trustees of the related trusts
- Preparation of Probate Court documents
- Representation in court
We invite you to contact us today to discuss your probate needs.
Robert J. Huguelet Jr., P.C. can help you create your comprehensive and personalized estate plan, providing you peace of mind that your wishes will be followed. We invite you to contact us today to begin planning for your future.